Friday, July 8, 2011

zombie question

Can zombies see in the dark or do they just shamble to noise? I had a daydream, I guess, where I was in the dark forest and could hear low moans of zombies nearby and wondered if I stayed covered by the darkness would they find me? Or should I turn on a flashlight and start stepping over crunchy leaves which would inevitably draw their attention to me? In any movie I've ever seen the zombies are attracted to screaming or crashes or loud noises of sorts. They could be able to see as normal humans see so in a dark forest no one, you or the zombies, have any sort of advantage. UNLESS...they use their moaning as biosonar or echolocation like bats, dolphins, whales and some humans. But why would they gain any powers for being dead? Honestly where do I come up with this stuff?

OH right, my ideas may stem from the book that I'm reading, called FEED, not to be confused with the 2005 movie of the same name about a cybercrime investigator who tracks a man suspected of force-feeding women to death. The book was written in 2010 by Mira Grant, the website is pretty cool too. Here's the back of the book (there are two books so far, this is the first one):

"The year was 2014. We had cured cancer. We had beat the common cold. But in doing so we created something new, something terrible that no one could stop. The infection spread, virus blocks taking over bodies and minds with one, unstoppable command: FEED.

NOW, twenty years after the Rising, Georgia and Shaun Mason are on the trail of the biggest story of their lives-the dark conspiracy behind the infected. The truth will out, even if it kills them."

I also will be watching AHH! Zombies!! (2007) later today. It's apparently a zombie comedy that switches back and forth between the zombie's perspective and the human's perspective. Actually, my boyfriend had seen it on netflix before me...and liked it enough to buy it. Heh heh I may be rubbing off on him. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment